Is it possible to convert a layer to a vector in photoshop CS6?
Well! This is how to convert layer to vector Photoshop CS6, different methods:
How to convert a Photoshop layer to a vector in Illustrator?
Illustrator is were all vector graphic are preferably made. All elements drawn in Illustrator will automaticly become vectors: shapes, lines, free hand tool, text etc. A vector is an image that can never lose its sharpness no matter how many times you magnify it. To move an image from a Photoshop layer into Illustrator and convert it into a real vector image, follow these steps:
- Use the marquee tools to select the object you wish to convert.
- With the object selected, go to the small tab “paths” in the layers panel.
- Click “make workpath from selection” at the bottom of the panel. Name this layer (you may have several)
- Go to File > Export > Paths for Illustrator. Choose your path and hit OK. Name your file and save. Your selection is now saved as an Illustrator-file.
- Open your file in illustrator and your selection has now turned into a vector shape.
How to convert a layer to a smart object in photoshop CS6
Simply right click on your layer > Convert to smart object. A smart object will never loose the initial sharpness of the graphic, but if the image was blurry to start with, it will stay that way.
What is a vector image?
A vector is a shape or an image made of paths instead of pixels. It can never lose its sharpness, no matter how many times you magnify it. Therefor it’s often used by designers to create logos and other graphics. In Illustrator all shapes, lines, text and other elements are always saved as vectors.