How to add a custom menu in WordPress. By default WordPress will add all pages to the default primary menu. If you want to add a custom menu in WordPress instead, using sub-menus, external links or only displaying some of the pages in the primary menu. This is how to.
How to add custom menu WordPress:
- Log in to the WordPress Admin and go to appearance > menus
- “Create new menu” and name it. Save the menu by clicking the button “create menu”.
- You will see panels on the left: pages / categories / links. Just open a panel for example “pages” to see all created pages on your site (use the “view all” tab). Simply check and “add to menu”.
- To see all panels avalable, use the > “Screen Options” tab on the top-right to also see Tags, Posts and more,
- Create an external link in the panel “Links”.
- Or add a category to the menu using the “Category” panel and so on.
- You can drag and drop all menu items in the menu to suit your needs.
- You can add menu items inside other menu items. this will create a dropdown sub menu.
- When you are done, save the menu.
- To make your custom menu default, check the box “primary menu” or go to the “Manage locations” tab. Choose your custom menu to be WordPress primary menu. Save. You are done!